5.03.2009

TOMMY IS PRODUCING...

I was a bit surprised with my newly planted tomato plants, only at the infancy stage. These are the Juliette variety, cherry tomatoes. Now, as my Gradad used to say: "If the bugs don't get 'em, and the rains don't swell 'em up, for 'em to split, and the heat doesn't steam 'em, and the varmants don't eat 'em, we'll have one nice crop this year." Here is the beginning of my 2009 Tomato Harvest! Really impressive, don't you think? Hey, hey, hey, they could be a real Hot Salsa when they grow up! That's if they go across town...if they stay with me...they'll be placed in a fresh salad nightly!
I spent all day Thursday in jury duty, did 13 Sudoko puzzles, made 1 new friend, was sent to a judge's courtroom at 2:30,the case settled and I was released at 3:00. Ugh! Except for the new friend, it seemed a bit of a wasted day...albeit willing to do my part of civic duty! As I was winding my way back to the freeway from the courthouse, which can be quite a challenge for me in downtown San Antonio since all the roads seems to wind and turn as the San Antonio river does (I think there is a story there...must ask my cousin, Norma), I wanted to share this stunning bouganvilla that caught my eye in the parking lot of an office. It looked like it was growing out of the driveway. I definitely think it tops my list of bouganvilla's.
A special I had on my April post from my dear friend, Carol Garner, in Angleton, Tx. "Beverly, gardening is near and dear to me, also. I wish I could do nothing but that all year long. I laughed when I read the part about buying sickly plants. etc. I love that challenge, too. First the 8 inches of rain and horrible wind last week here and now this weekend 30 mph winds again! It's like Mother Nature is wielding a baseball bat on my poor old vegetable garden! Paul and I repair, pet, do CPR, and pray over our garden lately and it DOES seem to help! LOL! I brushed back some soil to see what the potatoes had under there and I saw a beautiful red potato almost baseball size. They are almost ready. I think harvesting potatoes is about my favorite as it feels alot like a grown-up Easter egg hunt! " Just too cute to not share!
She's a sweetie and I love 'em all down in Angleton. See you in 6 weeks!
Ta Ta ~

No comments: